Monday, February 28, 2011

Snow Day

There was a snowfall warning yesterday.  This morning we looked out and the ground was covered in snow.  The temperature was 2 degrees, so it was still a little chilly.  Isaac got up at 7am, we had breakfast, then Daddy took Isaac out to play in the courtyard.

He checked out the water fountain and ran around a bit while Daddy took some pictures.  After I had breakfast, I went down... but they were on their way back in.  I asked if Isaac still wanted to play outside more and he said yes.  So Daddy went back in to get his hat and I took Isaac out.  I started rolling a snowball and found the snow fantastic for packing - very moist and dense.  It took no time at all to roll out a huge snowball.  I rolled a medium snowball and stacked that on top, then added ears, snout, nose, eyes and arms to my "snow bear".  Isaac helped to pat extra snow onto the bear.

When we came back into the house, Isaac's nose was running and his cheeks were rosy from the cold.  We went in for a bit, then I took Isaac out to Value Village with me and we picked up some new Melissa Doug Pet Stampers for $3.99.  We got back home at 11am.  Daddy watched Isaac and fed him while I prepared lunch for guests we were expecting.

We had a couple of friends over for lunch at 12:30pm.  I baked some chicken drumsticks, spanish rice with stir-fried vegetables,  and baked salmon.  Our guests brought over a yummy apple pie.  Isaac played with them for a bit, then took his nap.

When he woke up he had a few bites of salmon and yogurt.  He played a bit more, then we had other friends over for dinner.  Daddy went to pick up some Indian food from Tandori Kona - naan, samosas, butter chicken, eggplant, lamb curry, and another chicken curry.  Isaac enjoyed dipping the naan into the butter chicken and eating it.  We fed him some baby food and a yogurt.  After dinner, he played a little more but was starting to go crazy around 7:15pm.

It was a bit early, but we put him to bed by 8pm and he was sleeping by 8:16pm.  He seems to be going through a bit of separation anxiety over the last couple of days.  He seems to need to cuddle with me in order to go to sleep.  Even when we were shopping yesterday, Daddy was pushing him in a shopping cart but when he couldn't see me, he started getting upset.  Hopefully this is just a short phase.  I'm not sure what else I should do other than just reassure him.  I'm not sure if this was triggered by me going out to Value Village without him while I left him home with Daddy (at the end of the week).  I'll have to see if things improve over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment