Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Good Morning

Another morning gone.  The boy got up at 7am and I told him to go play and let me sleep.  He was pretty good, played with the toys in the bins and off the bookshelf.  He occasionally dumped toys onto my bed (of things he "broke" that he wanted me to fix).  I got up at 8am after he turned on my clock radio.

I gave him some banana bread, blueberry sauce and oatmeal for breakfast.  The banana bread is ok... I prefer my regular recipe instead.  Maybe it would've tasted better if I was able to follow the recipe exactly.

After breakfast, I put Isaac on the potty then got us ready to go out.  We took out a bag of garbage, then headed off to Ikea.  I returned the blue bin and picked up some smaller ones.  I was tempted to buy other things but held back.  (Note to Daddy: they no longer sell the glass cups that we have, so please be careful with the remaining ones.)  I wanted to go to Value Village afterwards so I had to take a round-about route to get there.  When I got to the parking lot and looked back at Isaac, he was fast asleep with his head hanging forward (11:30am).  I took us home and put him into his crib.

For lunch, I think we'll keep things simple and just have some dumplings.  I'm actually pretty hungry right now so maybe I'll make some for myself first.

After I ate, I got sleepy so I went for a nap.  At 2:30pm, we woke to the sound of my phone ringing.  When I finally realized that my phone was ringing, I rushed for it... but missed the call from the front door.  I took the boy downstairs in hopes of catching the postal delivery guy, but found a mail pickup notice instead.  I'll have to call tomorrow to see if the parcel is at the post office.  :p  I hate missing a delivery.  I'm not even sure what package this is from... either it's one of my Ebay items or Isaac's birthday decorations.  I tried to look up the delivery notice number but it's not on the system yet.  I guess it'll be available tomorrow or the day after.  What could it be!?  I want to know what it is!!

The boy was not particularly pleased to be carried off to the lobby after waking up.  He had a 3 hour nap again today.  I wonder if he's going through a growth spurt.  He does seem to have extended his reach for stuff on our kitchen bar counter.  This morning he was able to get his container of "Elmo Cookies" without too much trouble.

Ok.  I've resigned myself to not knowing what my package is.  Time to make some lunch for the boy and see if he's up to a visit to Value Village.

Isaac had 3 dumplings and a yogurt for lunch.  After lunch, we stopped by Kin's to pick up some garlic, lemon, mushrooms (white and oyster) and snap peas.  I got Isaac a cheese roll from Cobb's, then we went to Value Village.  We didn't see anything good at the store so came home after a quick walk-through.

For dinner, I made the "Baked Salmon II" dish - though I used 3 cloves of garlic and dried parsley instead.  It tasted pretty good, but too garlicky and a bit too salty...  I'll have to try it again with the proper amount of garlic and slightly less salt and maybe increase the lemon juice a tad.  Isaac ate a good-sized portion of the fish, mixed grains, butternut squash baby food, and a slice of orange.

We were watching the beginning of Totoro again today and he came to grab me when there were soot balls about, he was also a little unsure about the big Totoro.

I think we'll start getting ready for bed soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment