Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Trying New Foods

Recently, we got Isaac to try some brussel sprouts... he disliked it and spit it out.  On the weekend, he was also willing to eat scrambled eggs dipped in ketchup.

Today Isaac was willing to try new foods.  He ate raw celery dipped in ranch dressing.  He wouldn't try the carrot, but would eat carrot if I chewed it for him, and tried a tomato but made a face about it.  He had a couple bites of banana and some bites of mango too.  Normally when we try to offer different things to him, he refuses to try them outright.

Today I got a pickup notice for a something that was supposedly attempted to be delivered on Friday.  I don't think they even tried to buzz our door.  I went to the post office to pick up my package.  It was one of my ebay orders - just some loot bag goodies and prizes.

I was waiting all day for a UPS delivery from Amazon UK.  My duplo bridges finally arrived at around 7pm.  Isaac sat in his booster chair staring at the delivery guy while Daddy paid for the duties.  Thanks Daddy!  We opened up one of the bridges and I integrated the new pieces into our existing track layout.  Now we have an oval with one end raised up.  Isaac had a little bit of fun making trains fall down the ramp.

The bridge pieces help to add more variations to our track and is fun to play with.  I wish that part of the bridge would have the tabs to connect them together instead of just the joins underneath.  It makes the bridge structurally much weaker - especially when playing on carpet.  I also wish there was a way I could reinforce raised sections of the curved track.  I just have the raised sections of track on pillars... but it all falls apart easily if I try to pick up the track to move it somewhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment