Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Happy Family Day!

Daddy got Family Day off today.  We went to Metrotown to do some shopping.  We took a train ride through the mall on the Metropolis Express.  Isaac enjoyed it a lot.  He was really quiet and just seemed to be in a "trying to absorb the experience" sort of mode.  When we saw the train again later that morning, he wanted to get on again.

I was able to use an old gift certificate for RW & Co to buy a new pair of pants.  I'm so glad they honoured the gift certificate (it was from 2007).  I guess I don't really go shopping there too often... never mind even general clothes shopping for myself.  Daddy also treated me to a Macadamia nut mogul from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory.  We haven't had a chance to eat it today since we tried the cake instead.  I think it'll still be good tomorrow.

After some shopping, we went to Curry King Cafe for lunch.  Isaac fell asleep as soon as we got there, so we had him sleep in his stroller while we at.  Daddy had a curry beef brisket and I had a seafood fried rice with fried garlic (which came with a soup, garlic bread, and a Hong Kong milk tea.  The beef brisket was a little dry and the fried rice was on the bland side, but the service was quick and the place was clean.  I've had this dish from here a few years ago and my recollection was that it tasted better before.  They used to sprinkle in fish roe, there was more garlic and it was minced and lightly fried, it was also more generous with baby scallops - lightly cooked over high heat.  It seems like they've cheaped-out on the ingredients.  We ordered a congee to go for the boy.  He woke up as we were getting ready to leave the restaurant.

We went to Gourmet Warehouse to pick up some kitchen utensils and some ingredients I needed for a fondant.  The boy liked looking at some of the merchandise but quickly got bored when I wouldn't let him touch most of the things there.  After we stopped by a shop on Kingsway to buy some Vietnamese meatballs.

When we got home, Isaac had a bit of mushroom chicken congee.  I took a nap and Daddy watched Isaac.  Not sure what they were doing, but Isaac would occasionally come in and climb on top of me and I would yell for Daddy to get him.  Daddy ordered sushi for our dinner and went to pick it up.  We had a web chat with my parents over dinner.

In the evening, we stopped by the post office but I was unsuccessful in picking up my parcel.  The website said that my parcel was available... but the clerk said that it wasn't there.  I will try to sort that out tomorrow.  After, we went to Choices to pick up lots of oatmeal for the boy.  I got treated to a bag of veggie chips.

It was getting late when we got home.  We had some cake then I put the boy to bed (mommy milk, brush teeth, potty, cream, story time, bed).  It was already past 9pm by the time he was in bed, but he was so tired he fell asleep almost immediately.  We will have to try to put him to bed earlier tomorrow night.  I have a lot planned for tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment