Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Egg Mystery

This morning Daddy asked if he could have the last egg for breakfast and I told him there should be  3 (since I only used 3 for the cake I made on Sunday night) and I distinctly remember that's how many are left.

Daddy opened the egg carton and asked me, if an egg exploded?  I answered no, they were all fine the last time I looked.  One egg was missing its shell.  The contents were divided into two containers, with the white in one and the yolk in another.  There were 3 egg shells present.

Daddy thought that maybe I absentmindedly cracked open an egg and dumped it into the carton.  Umm... NO, I did no such thing.  I might be tired but not that zoned out. :p

Hmm... I immediately came to the conclusion that the boy cracked open the egg.
1) He currently has a penchant for eggs - not to eat it but looking at them and saying "egg" - when he sees eggs, birds, nests, etc.
2) He is capable of opening the fridge.
3) He knows where we keep the eggs in the fridge.
4) When he "opens" stuff, he tends to try to put things back where he got them.  (Usually this happens with his tubes of cream.)
5) He has an opportunity to do whatever he wants in the mornings when Mommy and Daddy sleep in.

Daddy took one of the eggs and cooked it for his breakfast.  I reexamined the other eggs in the carton and found one broken on the bottom side.  When I asked the boy if he opened an egg, he started laughing.  I say we've found our culprit.  Mystery solved.

I'm just impressed he was able to separate the white and yolk without breaking the yolk.  Too bad we missed seeing him in action.  I attempted to get a confession from the boy... he just laughed when I showed him the egg.  Does that count as a confession?!

This morning I took Isaac on a skytrain ride to meet up with someone selling some duplo via craigslist.  We got some more furniture, a few figures, a mommy and baby dinosaur and some other pieces.  After we went to Oakridge mall to play for a bit.  On the way back, Isaac fell asleep on the skytrain (at 11:30am).  I took the opportunity to run some errands, pick up some clothes for him from Old Navy, and pick up some veggies, mushrooms and tofu while he was sleeping.  I got home at 1pm and woke him up as I was trying to remove his jacket.

Daddy made us dumplings for lunch.  After lunch, I washed all the new duplo pieces.  During that time, Isaac jammed a plastic triangle into the dishwasher vent.  It took some fiddling around, but I was able to pry it out with a chopstick.  At around 3:30pm or so I got really tired so I napped for a little... but the boy sure got into some more mischief.  I woke up to the sound of smacking and found him at the end of my bed eating his toothpaste.  The boy was playing around in the closet and left the door ajar.  I was unable to open or close it... apparently one of the screws were loose.  I tightened the screw in the wrong place and trapped myself in the closet.  After forcing the door open, I adjusted the block and tried to realign the door properly before retightening the screw.

I was getting antsy about not getting my package so I went to the post office to pick up my parcel (this time bringing the reference number with me).  I got home at around 6:10pm and made soup noodles with watercress, tofu, mushrooms and chicken balls for dinner.  Daddy augmented our meal with some panfried Vietnamese meatballs.  We ate pretty late (7pm), and had a web chat with grandparents.  Daddy was busy working, so couldn't have dinner with us.

It was 9pm by the time I started Isaac's bedtime, and close to 10pm by the time I got him into his crib.  He fell asleep immediately.  I feel bad that I didn't put him to bed earlier, especially considering he had an early nap time.  I will have to try to get dinner ready earlier tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe he can separate an egg correctly. HE must be a genius!

    -Mike

    ReplyDelete