Sunday, February 13, 2011

Home alone again - Day 1

We dropped Daddy off at the airport this morning.  After we stopped by a grocery store and came home.  I fed Isaac the rest of his breakfast, then we headed out to take out some garbage and go to the library to participate in a Chinese New Year celebration event.  We did a bunch of arts and crafts activities, then walked home.  Isaac fell asleep on the way back.  I was up late last night so I'm pretty tired and will take a nap now.

Plans for lunch: dim sum left-overs
Plans for dinner: beef with mushrooms and corn.  (leftovers)

I didn't quite end up falling asleep until close to when Isaac woke up so I felt tired in the afternoon.  We did the recycling and watched parts of an anime, Totoro.  Isaac seemed a little scared by some parts of the anime (discovering the soot balls).  He kept calling "May" when other characters were calling her name.

Isaac had some bites of toast, mushrooms, some bits of corn, a couple bites of beef and yogurt.  After dinner, I gave him a bath.  For his bedtime stories, we read: "Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You?", "Green Eggs and Ham", and "Llama Llama Red Pajama".  He started going a little crazy during the second book, but I got him to calm down and listen (by letting him either choose to go to bed or stay and read the book).  He also choose to go to bed instead of getting nose drops - specifically saying "bad" (for bed).  I did not hear a peep from him when I left the room.

Anyhow, I am mostly done with my ebay shopping spree.  It looks like I might win one more auction and am still deciding if I want to re-bid on one.  I have been buying duplo... mostly the items will be for Isaac's birthday party (except the tracks and some miscellaneous furniture pieces).  I have been tempted to buy other duplo furniture, a duplo baby/family, and other track pieces, but I think I will just hold off for now.

He's not really playing too much lego lately.  Instead he's been clamouring to watch television and videos.  Mostly, he's watching educational programs but I think I will have to cut down his screen time.  Maybe I should think up some arts and crafts activities we can try.  I've been wanting to teach him how to glue stuff onto paper or let him paint with a paintbrush.

No comments:

Post a Comment