Monday, February 14, 2011

Shopping

This morning we got up at 8am.  We flipped through books, I sang some songs, and I put on his Zoom Zoom Zoom music to keep him entertained at breakfast.  He had his usual: oatmeal and a fruit cup.  After he ate, I had a couple of boiled eggs.

He played with some duplo and also dumped some of the books from his bookshelf into the corner by the lamp.  We have a wind and rain warning and I was not in the mood go for a walk.  I called up Auntie K and arranged for us to go to Ikea together.  K, G and Isaac played in the kids area while I went to pick up a Trofast bench storage and bins; 1 large blue bin, 2 medium red bins, and 2 small green bins.  I also picked up a spare r14 light bulb for our floor lamp.  (Note to self: the light bulb is cheaper at Staples.)  Isaac had fun playing with the toy kitchen and G had fun pushing a wagon.  We gave the boys a snack then I dropped K and G back home.  G was falling asleep when they got home.  Isaac looked a bit tired when we got back, but he doesn't look ready to nap anymore.  I'm going to make myself some soup noodles for lunch.

Ended up having some sliced cucumbers dipped with ranch dressing and some instant noodles.  Isaac wasn't too crazy about the cucumbers.  I think I gave him something else to eat as well, but can't remember what it was.  Isaac took his nap at around 2:20pm.

I got my chance to fetch my new purchase from the car and put it together.  I missed a step part way through and didn't notice until I was near the end when I saw that I inexplicably had 4 extra parts left ... so had to undo a few steps to fix my mistake.  After putting some of Isaac's toys into the bins, I realized that the blue bin is way too deep.  I'm going to have to go back and exchange it for a medium bin and a small bin.  Maybe I'll go tomorrow.

Isaac had a super long nap and didn't wake up until 5pm.  I made steak and mushrooms for dinner while Isaac played with some toys and we had a web chat with Daddy while we ate.  Bedtime didn't happen until 9pm.  Isaac fussed a bit in his crib before going to sleep, though it was evident he was tired.

Ebay update: the auction I was winning... I ended up losing in the last minute.  I'm actually a bit relieved because I didn't really, really want the duplo figures but would've paid for it to use as prizes.  Now I have about 5 more auctions that I have bids on, and I'm losing on all of them.  I did go back to rebid on one (but still got out-bid), I don't want to pay more than $20 just for 2 pieces of duplo even if they are nifty pieces.  Since I'm losing all my auctions, I think it's a good time to take a long break from Ebay.  I'm just waiting for a few more items to ship to me.  Back to scavenging at Value Village.

I'm making a couple loaf's of banana bread, but I had to substitute a couple of ingredients, omitted walnuts (though I would've liked to add it in if I had some on hand) and I forgot to grease the pans before I put the batter in.  Hope it turns out.  Today's been so busy, I didn't even have time to do my daily pogo challenges.  Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Still waiting for my banana bread, but I can smell it now.  Better than the burnt smell that I first detected when I put the loaves into the oven.  I think it might've been from the flour the dusted the pans with...  If it turns out, I'll give one loaf to E & S to thank them for helping me last time Daddy was away.

No comments:

Post a Comment