Monday, January 17, 2011

Survival Test - Day 9 of 15

He woke up at 1:30am, 4:30am (no feed), and was up at 6:30am. He asked to go on the potty. After looking at a couple of books, I put his books away. He asked for another book. But when I didn't get it fast enough for him, he squirmed around and fell off his potty again. He hit his head on the side of the cabinet, but I was able to sort of catch him this time.

I wanted to go back to sleep, but he didn't. He came out to his play area and turned on the lights. I've got breakfast ready, but he's busy pulling out his art easel and has his smock on. I guess he wants to paint.

We had breakfast - oatmeal and peach-apple sauce. I had a couple pieces of Eggo. After I let him paint a picture and got him ready to go out. I had an adventure planned for us this morning. We had a quick visit to Value Village, then made our way to the skytrain station. We took the Canada Line to Oakridge mall and spent the morning there.

When we got to the mall, I borrowed a car-buggy stroller and we headed to the food court to have a snack. I got a pick-your-own salad and gave Isaac a mandarin fruit cup. We took a quick look inside Gap Kids, then headed to the toy section at Zellers. Isaac had a blast playing with a yo gabba gabba mega bloks toy; it had buttons and made noise. He was upset when I took the box away. After Zellers, we went to return the stroller.

I asked Isaac if he wanted to play in the kids area. He said yes, so we stayed there for awhile. At first he seemed a bit tentative about it all, but got into it after a little. There's a slope in the play area, he kept trying to walk up, then proceeded to fall and slide down. Later, he'd try to turn around and slide down fowards. He started running around the play area, and another little boy started following Isaac and copying everything he did. Isaac didn't seem to notice or care at all, but I found it really cute to watch.

We stopped by the bakery, washroom, then headed back to the Canada Line. Next we went to Aberdeen mall. I ordered some dim sum for lunch, and we picked up 1/2 pound of bbq pork and a kid-sized pair of chopsticks for Isaac. When we stopped by the water fountain, I let Isaac drop in a penny. There was a granny sitting there watching and she also gave Isaac 2 pennies to drop in. He was starting to yawn and it was time to go. As we were waiting for the skytrain to arrive, Isaac fell asleep (shortly after 1pm).

I lugged him from the station to the bus stop and waited for a bus to take us home. My ticket was close to expiring, but it was lucky the bus driver let us on early. Isaac woke up when we got into our building. I tried to put him back to sleep again, but have remained unsuccessful. I fed him some dim sum and may take him out for a walk in the stroller if he doesn't fall asleep soon.

This evening, my friend's husband is dropping off some food for us - though I already have plans for what we're making tonight. I've got ribs defrosted in the fridge.

It's 4:23pm and no second nap. I guess I'll have to try for an earlier bedtime instead. Time to start preparing dinner.

Dinner for me: rice, ribs, bok choy. Isaac didn't want any ribs or bok choy, so he got yogurt, mixed grains, and butternut squash for his dinner. After dinner, I did dishes, we took the garbage out and I gave the boy a bath. He seems ready for bed now (7:49pm). In bed at 8pm, asleep at 8:15pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment