Thursday, January 13, 2011

Survival Test - Day 5 of 15

Oh... where to begin?  Lots of wake-ups.  A bit before midnight, he woke up and I changed his diaper (it was still pretty empty).  Nursed him, then decided that his nose really did need some nose drops.  Turned on the lights, wrestled him down to get in some nose drops, then nursed him a bit more and put him to bed.  After a little bit, he started screaming.  Not sure if anything was wrong (no limbs were stuck in the crib rails).  I picked him up, snuggled with him and let him lie down with me in bed for a little.  Put him back in his crib.  Quiet for a bit, then he starts getting upset again.  I shushed him and he stopped crying.  I vaguely recall this happening again at least one more time.  Then I'm finally asleep.  Roughly before 5:30am, the boy is standing in his crib asking for milk.  I look at the clock and tell him to go back to sleep.  He occasionally lies down, but moves around in his crib a lot.  The batteries die in his aquarium and he gets upset and keeps slapping at it trying to turn the thing on.  I get up and remove the aquarium from his crib and try to reassure him that I'll change the batteries after I get up.

6am, I give up and nurse him in bed.  We both fall asleep.  I wake up at 9am and leave the boy in bed.  He just woke up about 10 minutes after I got up.  Time to replace the Mr. Fishy's batteries.  I really don't think AA batteries are a good substitute for C batteries.  Mr. Fishy is working again and has relocated to the other side of his crib.  Time for breakfast.

Isaac had a bowl of oatmeal and a mandarin fruit cup.  He was very cooperative because I told him his friends were coming over to play soon so he should hurry up.  G got here just as Isaac finished breakfast.  I put the boy on the potty, and he was really good and quick.  He wanted to play with G.  J arrived shortly after, and I left them to pick up some milk from Save-On Foods.  Toys were scattered all over the place when I got back and everything was in full-swing.  The boys ate lunch then headed home (around 12:30pm).  I'm trying to get Isaac to have his lunch now.

Ack!  I think Isaac snorted a piece of spaghetti up his nasal cavity somewhere.  He was laughing at something then suddenly choked and started crying and pointing at his nose.  I didn't know what to do, so I put saline drops into his nose and nursed him.  He's still pointing at his nose and whining.  I'm not sure what else I can do.  It's the second time this has happened to him.  I hope it resolves itself soon or I'll have to take him to the doctors - though I don't really see what they can do about it either.

He seems back to normal again though he refused to nap at his normal time.  I gave up at 2pm and took him out of his crib.  We went out to vv and the mall.  I used part of my sprize points and bought him a new gap raincoat in size 4T. 3T fits, but I figure the 4T he can grow into.  Gap is ending Sprize in February.  It's too bad, since I think it did get me to buy more clothes from their store.  Snacked on an egg tart at the mall.

I feel like things are reverting back to normal - dirty dishes, no clue about what to eat, etc.  I picked up some Shanghai dumplings for Isaac, and a beef broccoli dish for myself.  I made some rice at lunch that I didn't get around to eating, so that's ready.  Time for me to do the dishes and eat before Isaac wakes up.  His nap started at 4:08pm.  I'll have to make sure he's up by 5:15pm or so.

Dishes washed, toys tidied, caught up on some news (yay Target coming to Canada).  Something about food always taste so much better when you're starving.  Mmm... beef broccoli.  I might need to make more rice.

I woke the boy up at 5:48pm.  He had a dinner/web chat with Daddy, had a bath, played some lego, then bedtime.  I don't think he fell asleep until sometime after 10pm.  I hope that he'll sleep alright tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment