Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Survival Test - Day 11 of 15

The boy was up at 1:30am and wanted to go to the potty. He peed and pooped then went back to his crib without a fuss. Up at 6:30am. I kept trying to go back to sleep but couldn't get him to settle down.

Going to make breakfast now. Hope he doesn't get too sleepy in class today. Class was good though the teacher was late this morning. I picked up a McNugget happy meal for the boy. He only had one McNugget. I think he'll be hungry when he wakes up. I'll probably give him some yogurt or left-over soup when he wakes up.

I gave him yogurt when he woke up. After, we went out for a walk. I bumped into my previous volunteer supervisor when I was shopping at vv. We chatted briefly and had to go home to make dinner.

For dinner is was mostly leftovers. Isaac had mixed grains, a small jar of carrot, some soup, some chicken drumsticks and mushrooms. I offered him some grilled vegetables, but he wasn't interested in eating that. He seems to be losing interest in the mushrooms too. I had some rice. During and after dinner, we watched Kung fu panda. He watched part of the movie but didn't seem to like it (and kept wanting to be nursed). For parts of the movie, we played "choo-choo" with his toy cars. After the movie finished, I gave him a bath, brushed his teeth, read him some stories and put him in bed. I told him I had to shower and left the room. He called for me once, but I told him what I was going to do. After I dried my hair, I heard him call out "all done" from his crib. I went to check on him, tucked him in again and told him I had to do the dishes (like Mama Llama). After I finished the dishes, I checked on him again and he was asleep.

I repaired his astronaut book and hungry caterpillar book. Now it's time for me to play and surf for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment