Sunday, January 9, 2011

Survival Test - Day 1 of 15

DH is away on business for 2 weeks.  It's the first time I'm left on my own with the boy for an extended amount of time.  I'm sure most people would have no problems, but me?  We're about to find out.  I normally cook... for fun, once in a blue moon, for special events.  For the next two weeks, not only do I have to cook everyday... I have to do it two or three times a day.  Ah!  What will we eat?  I guess there's always take-out.

I just dropped DH off at the airport and got lost going back home.  I got nervous and exited one street too early.  Turned around but ended up on the bridge.  We had to take a detour back home over the other bridge.

It's only 9:14am and the boy is already down for a nap?  His nap is NORMALLY around 12:30pm or 1:30pm.  He's going to need another nap this afternoon and I have serious doubts that he'll sleep willingly.  I think it's going to be a rough day.

I don't know how single moms get by but I guess I will have to get better organized and figure things out.

10:45am, the boy woke and called for Da-Da several times.  I had to tell him that Dada is gone to stay with Yeh-yeh and Ma-ma.

Lunch: me - leftovers.  boy - a jar of sweet potatoes, leftover mushrooms and tofu.

He won't let me finish my lunch and insists that I play lego with him.  Any time I step away, he destroys the structures and gets upset.

Snacks: yogurt, strawberry sauce, bites of a tomato cheese roll.

We went to vv, watched a car go through the car wash, went to the library for a story time, and stopped by the mall.  I dropped by The Bay to look for a sports bag, but didn't find anything large enough.  We set off the store alarm with one of our library videos.  One of the sales clerks were nice enough to demagnetize it for me. :)  As we walked back, I asked the boy if he wanted to go home.  He nodded yes.  Shortly after (around 3:44pm) he fell asleep in the stroller.

Time to think about dinner and fix one of the buttons from his chinese vest.

Dinner: spaghetti, meatballs, mushrooms, and tomatoes.  Dessert: mandarins.  He woke up from his nap at 5:10pm, we had dinner, web chatted with Daddy, and cleaned up.

No comments:

Post a Comment