Friday, January 14, 2011

Survival Test - Day 6 of 15

So tired.  I shouldn't have stayed up so late last night.  The boy was up at midnight, 2am, 5:30am and up for the day at 7:30am.  At 2am, he fell back asleep while I was changing his diaper, so I just moved him back to his crib after.

Breakfast: strawberry motts and a big bowl of oatmeal.  Rain, rain.  *sighs*  I think I might drive to class.  I'm going to need a nap before my friend visits this afternoon.

Took out some garbage then drove to the library, tried to see if Isaac would sit in on story time (no he wasn't interested), then we went to music class.  I have some reservations about the class.  For one thing, he kept wanting to leave after 15 minutes.  The class is 45 minutes long.  It's mostly just sitting in a circle singing songs - which is a bit tough for Isaac since he doesn't like just sitting there.  There are some songs where you move around, but the instructor doesn't really want your child running all over the room... I like that there was some arts and crafts and exposure to different simple instruments.  Today they played with sticks to tap out rhythms.  We'll try the class again next week and see.  If it doesn't work for us, then I'll probably withdraw from it.

While we were out, our Lego car got delivered.  I'm so glad the delivery guy was willing to leave it at our door!!!  Yay!  Isaac loves his new toy car.  He didn't want to eat or nap... just play.  I regret not saving the toy until AFTER his nap.  Cries ensued when I took it away.  All he had to eat was a few bites of bread and mommy milk.  Oh well, I'll try to feed him when he wakes up.  I'm not sure how this afternoon will go.  Mommy's having a friend over to have some bubble tea.  So SO tired.  I must eat lunch though.

The boy is sweating in his sleep.  I stripped off his clothing and put a thin blanket over him.  I also opened the window a crack to let him some air.  Hope he cools down without getting too cold.  Time for me to close my eyes until my friend arrives.

P stayed for a couple of hours.  We had bubble tea from Bubble Queen.  The boy woke up, played lego with P, ate an avocado (and had some of my strawberry mango slushie), and went to the potty.  Tonight's dinner offering: pasta, ham, cream of mushroom, and broccoli.  Me, I'm planning to eat rice, left over rice and beef broccoli plus some of the pasta.  I was up late updating my ebay account and watching an auction on a lego duplo trainset.  I'm tempted to bid on if it stays in my price range (I've also factored in the shipping costs).  ... Nevermind.  I just checked the bids and it's now out of the range I'm willing to pay - though it's still cheaper than a similar lot on Craigslist.  I'll just keep my eyes out for bits and pieces of duplo track while I'm at Value Village.

For dinner, Isaac had a bowl of macaroni, with turkey bacon, broccoli, and cream of mushroom.  He finished his yogurt for dessert.  I had some of the pasta for dinner after he ate.  We went to vv after dinner.  I put Isaac into bed at 9:15pm.  I hope he'll go to sleep soon.

Asleep at 9:37pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment