Friday, January 21, 2011

Survival Test - Day 13 of 15

Busy morning.

Up at 7:30am. I boiled 2 eggs (for myself) and we had bacon. I also gave Isaac some oatmeal and a fruit cup. Watched Ranma. I was a bit worried that he would be too tired for our 11am class so I tried to get him to nap... but of course that didn't go over well with him. After a bit fit in his crib, I took him out and let him do some finger painting with his red paint. He still doesn't have a word for "red" yet. I resisted the urge to buy Lego from the website even though the prices were marked down on top of the existing sale price. It was so tempting but I'm holding out for the sets on my wish list. I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't wait to buy his toy lego car since it's a little cheaper now, but it's ok. Most of the extra sale items cleared out pretty fast so I might've missed it if I waited.

Packed him up and we went off to the library to return our videos. After we went up to the dance studios. Isaac immediately headed to where we have our creative movement class so I had to tell him that we were doing a different class today. We headed to our music class. It went alright though he was a bit tired. Today we played with sticks, tapped a tambourine and shook some bells. I brought a toy truck to class to keep his hands occupied. He did a few actions from the songs but mostly watched.

After class, I gave Isaac a strawberry/apple sauce snack pouch and we stopped by the art gallery and museum. We went to Richmond Centre to pick up some veggies and mushrooms. I also got Isaac a pizza roll from Cobbs. Then we went to Save-On Foods to pick up some meat and other ingredients (for our dinner tonight). He was surprisingly good for being tired. I borrowed a "car" cart from the grocery store - it comes with a kid-sized steering wheels and I can buckle Isaac into the seat. He munched on the bread while I shopped.

Just as we got home, I told Isaac we're almost home and asked him if he wanted to nap. He nodded yes. When I parked the car and looked back, he was asleep. Transferred him into his crib (1:24pm) and went to get the groceries from the car.

Starving. I made spaghetti with zucchini, mushrooms and tomatoes for lunch. Tonight we're having baked chicken thighs with basil and garlic powder. I also plan to use the slow cooker overnight and make a beef dish for tomorrow so that we'll have lunch ready when we get home from swimming. I'm just eating now (2:40pm) and I highly doubt I'll get much of a nap today. Time for me to play some pogo while I eat.

He's having a pretty decent nap. I heard him wake up briefly as I was doing the dishes but he went back to sleep. I guess it'll be a very late lunch and a light dinner for him. I bet if I went in to take a nap he'd wake up.

He woke up at 3:55pm. Time for lunch. I'm giving him the spaghetti, zucchini, mushrooms and tomatoes. He's also having some apple juice and his pizza roll. He also had a mandarin.

After lunch, we went for a walk to vv. We came home and Daddy called. Isaac talked to Daddy for a little, then we connected on a web chat. I baked some chicken thighs and made some bok choy for dinner. The boy also had mixed grains and a yogurt. Dinner was pretty late (around 7pm). After dinner, we played some lego and I put him to bed around 9:20pm. I'm guessing he was pretty tired because he went to sleep without a fuss. I did the dishes then prepared a crock pot recipe (started the crock pot at 10:30pm). Hopefully the "Best Beef Dip Ever" will taste good for tomorrow. Washed more dishes.

Time to shop... I mean "window browse" online. Well, that or play pogo... or both! Can't stay up too late since we have swimming lessons tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment