Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Survival Test - Day 3 of 15

Rough morning. The boy woke up at 5:44am with an upset gassy stomach. He wanted to go to the potty but when he was on it, he was so uncomfortable and upset. He kept hugging me and arched his back. I put him onto the floor potty.

We went back to bed and I snuggled with him and rubbed his tummy. He got up and wanted some mum-mum. I made him some toast. He asked to go to the potty again, repeat of last potty episode. After, I got some toast into him. He made more poop in his diaper and again wanted to go to the washroom. This time he just wanted to play with the stuff in his bath tub, so I gave his bum a wipe and changed his dirty diaper. I hope he feels better soon.

He still has a dental appointment this morning. At least he seems to be happier at the moment. I'm letting him watch some television.

The dental appointment went pretty well. The boy got his teeth flossed and got a fluoride treatment.  He only started getting upset at the end.  He was happy when he got to pick a sticker.  We don't see her again until April.

After our appointment, we went to vv, then picked up some dim sum for an early lunch (10:30am).  The boy is tired and I don't want to push his nap later today since he probably needs his rest.  Tried to get him to eat some congee, but he didn't want it.  He ate some beef rice noodle roll, scallop dumpling, and a quarter bowl of oatmeal.  He fell asleep at 11am.  Time for me to finish the rest of the dim sum.  I'll have to give him a snack when he wakes up.  I think we'll skip the citrus today since I don't want to upset his stomach more.

I've finished my lunch, disinfected (ie. scrubbed) his toilet and potty, and am ready to take a nap.  I hope he'll sleep for another 30-60min.

The boy woke up but I was able to get him back to sleep, so I managed to take a little nap also.  He played with his golf set, but is now on my glider messing with the contents on our dresser and the radio.  Time to snack then take the garbage out.

Snacks: yogurt, a few bites of a granola bar and a cereal bar.

Dinner: me - rice, chicken, broccoli and potatoes.  Isaac - butternut squash, avocado, some chicken, and some broccoli.  A friend came over this evening and played Lego with us for a bit.  I just put him to bed, but he's standing in his crib saying "up up up".

No comments:

Post a Comment