Thursday, March 10, 2011

Twos Time

Yes! We got into next year's program!!!  Twos Time is a program that prepares children for preschool.

I got a phone call this morning from the community centre confirming that we got our first choice picks on two days in Twos Time program.  Due to the popularity of this program, general admission is by lottery.  There is also priority given to parents of past and current participants.  We submitted the lottery request form last month, and I was expecting to hear back next week.

The program runs September 2011 - June 2012.  Isaac will be going two mornings per week.  The structure of the classes include: free play time, circle time, snack time and some gym/outdoor time.  There are some mandatory parental duty days each term.  I met the teachers at an open house and they seem wonderful.

I'm so excited.  I hope Isaac will like going to Twos Time.  I'll need to go and fill out the registration forms before April.

We were at G's house today.  Isaac had fun playing with his friends.  He played with a choo-choo train, in an inflated ball pit, on a ride-on toy, taking pictures with a toy camera, pressing buttons on a calculator, triggering music from a couple of toys, and playing with G's new dinosaur set - he like the trees and kept trying to hide the rocks.

After, we did some groceries and went home.  Daddy put Isaac down for his nap and he was asleep by the time I came up with the groceries.  I picked up some apple chips.  Isaac thinks they're ok.  Tonight we're having steak for dinner.

Update:
I'm sad to hear that our friends didn't get into the program.  They heard back from the community centre in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment