Friday, March 4, 2011

Must Refrain From Toy Shopping For The Rest Of This Month...

Ok. I just ordered the deluxe lego duplo train and an extra set of straight tracks from the lego website.  It was super expensive.  Grandma and grandpa: some of Isaac's birthday money is going into the train set. The rest is going into his bank account.  THANK YOU!!!

I must not shop.  I must not shop.  Let me repeat that one more time... I MUST NOT SHOP.  Except for any incidental birthday party costs, food, and clothing needed for the boy, I will try not to buy additional toys... at least for the rest of this month and next month.  Instead of walking to Value Village, I think I will have to avoid going there.  We will walk to the library or city hall instead.

Time to find a new hobby/obsession.  I will have to look into doing more random arts and crafts and try to teach Isaac to sing songs.  He's starting to "fill in words" in a couple of songs and books.  He sings part of "Baa Baa Black Sheep" and will say "I" for his name and "mama" for my name in a welcome song we learned from our creative movement class.  I'm going to work on "Twinkle twinkle little star" and the alphabet song with him.

Huge pile of dishes in the sink.  Time to start washing them... or putting them into the dishwasher.

No comments:

Post a Comment