Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Miscellaneous updates

Here are just some random updates about our ongoings.

Last week Isaac had his first nose bleed.  He was acting up, then throwing a tantrum so we put him in his crib.  Then if it's possible, he got even more upset and at some point his nose started bleeding.  He smeared it on his hands and got some blood stains on his crib sheets, but it wasn't anything serious (the nose bleed, that is).

We've been enjoying some nice sunny weather.  We went to the Steveston Salmon Festival to celebrate Canada Day.  Isaac had fun watching the parade (and we had a nice surprise seeing one of his friends in the parade).  Over the weekend, we went to Kits beach.  Enjoyed a walk there.  Isaac explored the beach with Daddy while I attempted to build a sandcastle.  They later came back and Isaac helped me decorate my mound of sand with sea shells and seaweed.  We've also been going to parks the last few days.

The weather forecast seems to be nice, so I might take Isaac to play at a splash park "tomorrow" (which is really later today).  We have a playdate with N. on Wednesday.

Potty training: I recently bought a pair of training pants (underwear lined with water-resistant covering).  When we're home, I try to offer him the choice between diapers or the trainers and he's picked the trainers a few times (and has stayed dry in them).  One time we forgot he had his trainers on and went out to pick up some dinner.  I only remembered that he had that on while we were out and we didn't stay too long, but all was well and he had stayed dry.  He's still mostly in diapers and he doesn't ask to go potty unless he needs to poop.  Potty training is still a work-in-progress.

He's started eating raisins and craisins.  There was a long period when he didn't like them, but after a grocery store clerk gave him a box... he's enjoyed them since.  I pack that as a snack when we go out.  He still gets the Dole Squish'ems apple/berry/strawberry sauce blends, PC organics cookies, and sometimes a pack of seaweed.

I curtailed my ebay/online shopping during the postal strike and I think we're done buying duplo.  Isaac is getting more interested in my little lego and occasionally I let him have some play time with them when he's strapped into his booster seat at the table.  I'm also building up a nice knex collection.  Now I just look for regular lego and knex when I go to Value Village or garage sales.  I picked up some clothes for me and some for Isaac at the last 50% sale at VV.  The only problem is trying to get the yucky smell out of some of the clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment