Thursday, July 28, 2011

10 Days

Tiring day.

One good thing, Isaac didn't wake up last night (or if he did, I didn't hear him).  He woke up for the day at 7am and we got up at 7:30am.  We had breakfast and got ready to go to soccer class.  The boy was purposely running into other kids and Moms.  I gave him a couple of time-outs there.  He must've been a bit tired because he was hyper and screamed running around.  He settled down a little part way through class when "connected" some chairs to form a train and sat there for a while.

After class, he played at the playground for a bit.  We went by Value Village, then we were off to the library to get a sticker for his kid's summer reading club booklet.  We stopped by the art gallery, a chinese grocery store, then Isaac fell asleep in his stroller there.  I was feeling exhausted when we got home.  I put him in bed, but unfortunately woke him up so he didn't have much of a nap today.

We had left-over pasta for lunch.  Then I left on the Cars movie and took a nap.  When the movie was over, he came to look for me.  I tried to get him to nap with me to no avail.  He asked to go to the potty, so I took him there and went back to sleep.  I woke up to the sound of something crashing.  (It was his bath toys.)  There were bandaids all over the floor and bottles of saline nose drops everywhere (many with the caps missing).  I put his diaper back on and stuck him in his crib.  He apologized and I took him out.

I set him up with some play doh while I prepared dinner.  We had rice, bok choy, (I had steamed eggs - the boy gagged when I tried to sneak some on a spoon for him), and a mixture of sautéed minced pork, sliced chinese sausage, diced kohlrabi, and diced rehydrated mushrooms.  For dessert, we had some yogurt.

After dinner, I gave the boy a bath, and put him to bed.  He was asleep just after 9pm.

I took a shower, did a load of laundry, did the dishes and topped up the hot water in the water dispenser. I'm going to try to go to bed soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment