Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Potty Training with Training Pants

I picked up a pair of Kushies Training Pants from Sears and we've been using it for at least a couple of weeks now.  I didn't want to go with the disposable pull-ups since it's costlier in the long run and it's too similar to a diaper - and he knows he can pee in his diaper whenever he wants without going to the potty.

He just had his first accident in the training pants yesterday.  He noticed immediately when he got wet, told me: "uh oh".  It was nice not having to clean up the mess (on our carpets) because the trainers kept the pee contained.  Since we only have one pair of trainers, I had to switch him to a pair of regular cotton underwear afterwards.  He was fine for the rest of the evening.

Since I don't have any other training pants to compare with... I can only give my impression of the Kushies one.  The trainers look very puffy when worn.  The boy seems comfortable wearing them (and will request to wear it).  It kind of makes some crinkle noises when he moves around.  There were no small sizes available at the store, so I went with the medium.  It's a little big on him, but it seems to work ok.  I might look for another brand to try.

I'm not sure when I'll feel ready to take him out in underwear.  Our outings are usually too long.  Maybe we can try a short walk out (just to see what happens).  The training pants give me a little more confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment