Thursday, July 28, 2011

9 Days

Up before 6am.  I didn't look at the time, but my best guess is that it was probably around 5:30am.  He wanted to go to the potty... so he went by himself.  When I checked on him, I found him wiping pee off his potty seat (I guess he wasn't aimed/positioned properly).  There were books scattered all over the floor.

He was happily playing with his car garage, then asked for some cheese.  I cut some up for him and gave him a bamboo two-pronged tooth pick to poke the cheese.

So much for the good morning.  The boy unrolled an entire roll of toilet paper.  I put him in the crib and made him wait while I rolled it back up.  After, he was in a bad mood (I guess because I scolded and punished him).  When I let him out, he proceeded to break my Duplo castle.  When I took the castle pieces away, he threw a tantrum... and threatened to dump out all the lego from another bin.  I took the bin away from him and he had another fit.

I decided it was time to go out.  We walked to the thrift store and value village.  While we were at value village, the boy fell asleep a bit before 10:15am.  Since I didn't take a stroller, I had to lug him home.  Even though he was "asleep" he was aware of his surroundings.  When his hat fell off a couple of times, he immediately grabbed at his head.  Even though it was a short distance, it took me a big of time to get home.

I guess we'll have a normal lunch time (having left-overs) and maybe we can go to a park in the afternoon.  If it's warm enough I might attempt going to a water splash park.

We went to play at the water park today and stayed there for almost 1.5 hours (including clothes changing time).  Isaac played mostly with the water cannons and a couple of water volcanoes.  I ran into another mom from one of Isaac's earlier Creative Movements classes.  She's moving away in January, but I'm planning to arrange a few play dates over the end of summer and fall.

Auntie K. invited us over for dinner tonight at 6pm.  I'm not sure if there's anything I can bring over.

I'm going to give Isaac a bath, then get us ready to go out for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment