Saturday, July 30, 2011

7 Days

Isaac was up around 6:37am.  He played by himself and I got up after 7am.  We did the load of laundry, had bacon, scrambled eggs, oatmeal/toast, and apple juice for breakfast.  Stopped by a garage sale, stopped by a park (while waiting for the 2nd garage sale to start), dropped by the 2nd garage sale, played at the park for about 40 minutes (while waiting for the restaurant to open), had sushi for lunch AT the restaurant, picked up a nectarine from Safeway, then went home.  The boy fell asleep in the car on the way home at around noon.

This afternoon looks to be nice and warm so I think we will go to a water splash park.  We'll probably have dumplings for dinner tonight.

We got up late from our nap (3pm).  It was 25 degrees C and sunny, so I decided that we should make the most of the rest of our afternoon.  We headed to the water park and was stopped on the way by the train tracks as a Union Pacific train was passing by.  We didn't wait too long and got to be pretty close so Isaac got a good view.

We were extremely lucky to get a parking spot almost immediately!  I drove through the middle  Two cars just left so the car in front of me got one spot and I got the second one.  There were cars parked all the way onto the street outside the park.  Cars were parked illegally on pedestrian pathways.  Many cars were just sitting waiting for spots.  It was crowded at the park, but Isaac had a lot of fun getting wet and splashing some puddles.  We brought our bucket this time.  He held onto it most of the time until he decided to go to the playground then he just left his bucket and some girl picked it up.  I trailed after he when I saw him leave the water area.  He was up on the bridge when I caught up with him.  When I asked him where his bucket is, he got a little stressed and hurried back to the water area to reclaim his bucket from the girl.  I changed him back to his clothes, then it was my turn to have fun.

I went to Value Village and picked up a few books.  After, we went home for a late dinner.  He looked at a travel advertisement and when we were looking at the ocean, I mentioned that sailboats sail on the ocean.  Then he said "I spy bow tie".  The reference for this comment is from the "I spy" video he watched where there was a bow tie on a sailboat.  We spent the rest of dinner playing "I spy" (looking around the table and room of things we spied).

Now I need to give him a bath and start the bedtime routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment