Monday, September 21, 2015

Why I hate biodegradable bags.

Biodegradable bags

When they degrade, you get millions of bits of static clingy plastic.  They stick to everything, and are impossible to pick up without crumpling it into more bits.  I hate it!  Especially when I unknowingly used a couple to store some cards and envelopes into my drawers... now it's everywhere.  Stuck on the side of my bed, all over the carpet, in the drawers, stuck on my papers and cards and envelopes.  It's almost impossible to clean it all.  It can't be good for you to have these bits stuck to your skin or for you to breathe it in.  And how can I get it off my skin?  I have to wash these bits down the drain... and it'll end up in our water system.  The last time I had this problem, I tried vacuuming the bits, but then they ended up stuck in my vacuum.

End of rant.

I was trying to hunt down the boy's school photos from last year to see what he wore (since school photos are tomorrow and I've pulled out a few possible outfits for him to wear - but didn't want him to wear the same thing as last year).  Anyhow, I can't find the photo but I ended up finding the bits of plastic.  It's getting late and I should go to bed.  I just needed to vent first.

If anyone has any tips on how to clean up this mess, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment