Monday, September 28, 2015

Carved carrot fishes



Here's the boy's fish themed lunch today.  Lunch includes: a mini ham & cheese sandwich, raisins and grapes, pork jerky, celery and carrot sticks and dip.  He got some popcorn for his recess snack.  On retrospect, I regret not including actual fish in the meal. I'll have to plan it better next time (if there is a next time). :)  On a whim, I wanted to try to carve mini carrots into fishes last night... I made two fishes and went with that theme for today's lunch.  I was going to make more fishes, but it was getting late and I was pretty slow at it.  


First I tried to make a fish completely with one piece.  I didn't really know how to start, so I carved the head and tried to picture where I wanted the fins and gills.  Then I shaped the tail.  After refining it, I added eyes, scales and some vein details in the tail fin.

On the second fish, I kept the shape simple and added slits where I attached the dorsal and pelvic/anal fins.  After I carved in the gills and eyes.  I know they're missing more fins and other details, but it has enough features that they look like fish. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment