Thursday, September 10, 2015

Into the garden - bento lunch

Today I decided to go with a garden theme.   The boy's lunch includes: fried rice, scrambled eggs, snap/sugar peas, ham, grapes, a cup of milk, and a small dipping container with ketchup.  I used the lunch bot thermal container so hopefully the food with keep warm.  I decorated it with a cute bunny food pick, flower and leaf food picks, a flower silicone cup and a couple of baran (food divider) silicone leaves.



I prepared 2-3 cups of rice the night before (because day-old rice is easier to fry and less mushy).  I also diced the following: 2 stalks of celery, a handful of snap peas (maybe 7-10?), 3 slices of ham, 1-2 chinese sausage,  2 green onion.  I fry the celery and snap peas for a few minutes over medium heat.  I add in the chinese sausage and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.  Then I toss in a handful of frozen peas.  I stir in ham and green onions and fry for another minute.  Next I scramble a couple of eggs and mix it with the rice.  Finally, I add in the rice to the frying pan and mix well.  I cover it and let it heat through (maybe another 5 minutes or so), stirring occasionally.  This is one of those dishes that you can just toss in whatever you have on hand - chicken, bbq pork, beef, shrimp, lettuce, carrots, other vegetables, fish egg roe, etc.

In case anyone is curious lunch and bento supplies.  I picked up the Lunch Bot Thermal container from Steveston Village Maternity.  The bunny food pickflower food picks and leaf baran are from Daiso.  The Wilton flower cup is from Amazon.  The Colibri snack bag.  We're trying out the myColdCup for the milk today to see if it keeps cool.  The Monbento temple sauce cup and leaf pics are from Bento & co.  I use the Rume bag for cutlery from Fenigo.  The Laptop Lunches cutlery I picked up from a local group buy.  And his rubbermaid container for water was from Superstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment