Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Sushi lunch day


We're having sushi for lunch today.  I had a timer set for the rice cooker to finish the sushi rice for 7am this morning.  I mixed in a bit of sushi rice vinegar seasoning, and sprinkled in some salmon rice seasoning.  We buy frozen sliced smoked salmon from Costco and thaw it in the fridge overnight.

Our rice rolls include: smoked salmon, cucumber, fake crab meat, masago and mayo.  I just spread out the rice onto some Saran-wrap over our sushi rolling mat, add on the toppings in the middle, roll into a long log, add on pieces of seaweed, re-roll the seaweed on, then cut the log into pieces with scissors.

Their lunches were packed in cute Kokeshi (Kotobuki) bento box sets.  The girl has the Hanako Girl Bento Box  and the boy has a Ninja Boy Bento Box.

I pack it with an ice pack and include a bit of soy sauce for dipping.  The boy also got a bag of grapes for his recess snack.  The girl ate her lunch after preschool then came home and is currently napping. Now I'm enjoying my lunch (also sushi rolls).  After we go pick up the boy from school and drop him off to an outdoor after school activity.


No comments:

Post a Comment