Friday, September 18, 2015

Lego Elephants


Wow!  I didn't realize that it's been almost a year since I last built something for fun.  Since the boy is sick at home.  It was a Lego day.  I decided to make an elephant and ended up making 2.



The distinctive feature in elephant 1 is it's realistic trunk.  The arm pieces used in the trunk allow it to swivel up and down nicely.   I couldn't find all the parts I wanted so I had to substitute some pieces in.  Note: the asymmetrical tusks, leg colours and shapes.  I wanted to build it one piece taller, but couldn't find enough grey cylindrical pieces - though I'm sure we have some somewhere...  It's a bit difficult to find pieces since most of them are now dumped into an Ikea bench.



For the second elephant, I started off with a piece I wanted to use for legs.  I inverted that part, then built up from there.  Because the piece is inverted, the studs are on the bottom of the legs.  I improvised attaching pieces on top to connect the legs with the body and head.



Here's a link to my Lego moc page: http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/419398

No comments:

Post a Comment