Sunday, August 7, 2011

Weekend Events

Yesterday we went to the Maritime Festival at the Britannia Shipyard.  Isaac boarded a few boats.  He got to ring some bells and listened to a music and dancing performance.  The event started at 11am (which is a bit late for Isaac since he typically naps late morning/early afternoon).  We stayed for an hour, then went to pick up some lunch.  Isaac fell asleep in the car in our way to buy lunch.

When we got home, he woke up briefly as I brought him up from the garage.  However, when we got home, I asked if he wanted to sleep more.  He responded "sleep", so I told him to go to bed.  He crawled into bed himself and took his nap.  I had lunch with Daddy.

The boy woke up and I went to have a short nap.  I fed him lunch, then we went to get Isaac's hair cut.  We went to a regular hair cutting place that didn't specialize in children's cuts - so he sat on a booster on a regular chair.  He sat quietly and watched as a lady quickly cut his hair and praised him for being good.  He squirmed a little when she tried to cut the hair near the nape of his neck.  When she was finished and about to blow the hair off his head with a hair dryer, I told her he was scared of hair dryers so she brushed his hair with a powdered brush.

Today we're heading to the Family Farm Fair.  It runs from 10am - 4pm.  Isaac fell asleep in the car on our way there, so I woke him up.  There was a train table set up and Isaac was captivated by it.  He jumped briefly in a bouncy castle, but I called him away to check out the petting zoo.  I tried to encourage Isaac to pet the goats, donkeys, ponies, and bunnies... (which he did try but wasn't very interested in), instead, he wanted to spin the toy windmill or check out metal models of farm machinery.  He sat in a fire engine.

No comments:

Post a Comment