Thursday, August 4, 2011

2 Days

Isaac was up pretty early this morning.  I took him to the potty at around 5:40am.  Then I stuck him in his crib and told him he could look at books if he didn't want to sleep.  I napped for a bit longer, when I checked on him, he had half the books from his bookshelf in his crib.  I took him out at around 7am.

We had breakfast, then got out the door before 8:30am.  I picked up a pack of 2 zone bus tickets from 7-Eleven, then we headed for the sky train station.  Got to the station around 8:42am.  We transferred to a bus and got to Kerrisdale a bit after 9:20am.  We walked over to the community centre to get a family membership card so that I can try to register Isaac for a fall course there.  Then we walked to the Kerrisdale Play Palace.

They opened at 9:30am, we waited a few minutes for them to open the door - and we were the first ones in.    Isaac started off with the fooz table, then moved onto the air hockey table before we went to play in the toddler area and bouncy castle.  N. and A. came at 10am.  Isaac tried to follow them up the big kids bouncy castle slide... but half way climbing up, Isaac got scared/upset and started crying/screaming.  I went in to get him.  I guess he's still too young for that one.

In the toddler area, he played in the play house, drum, paper box bricks and toy trucks for most of the time.  He was starting to get fussy at 10:30am, so I took him out for a snack.  When I mentioned that Isaac was going to have a snack, N. followed us out to the plastic picnic benches.  Auntie C. came with N's snack and we shared.  Isaac got some of N's fruit gummies, and N. had some of our raisins and craisins.  A. joined us a bit later.

We stayed until 11:15am.  Isaac looked like he was starting to get tired.  I changed his diaper, then headed over to Ajisai for some sushi.  Isaac had a half order of salmon sashimi and a piece of ikura (sprinkled on top of his salmon pieces).  I had a seafood salad and a chopped scallop cone.

I stopped by London Drugs, then caught a bus to the sky train and headed back home.  When we got off the train, Isaac fell asleep in the stroller.  I walked around Value Village, then went home.  It was warm and stuffy in our place and a neighbour was drilling and vacuuming with their front door open, so it was a bit loud.  I decided to take Isaac back down to the lobby since it was more comfortable there and sat there reading some local papers and ads for about an hour.

When Isaac woke up, we came back up.  I put on Cars for him and went to take a nap.  Woke up when the phone rang.  After we got off the phone with Daddy, I decided to stick with my dumplings plan and made that for our dinner (augmented with left-over vegetables and chicken drumsticks).

No comments:

Post a Comment