Saturday, August 6, 2011

1 Day

Last day before Daddy comes back home.

This morning we met up with our playgroup friends at a playground.  It was too cold to play in the water.  Highlight: chasing seagulls off a soccer field.  There was one seagull who just kept moving to a different part of the field, so Isaac and J would keep running after it.  When the seagull finally decided it had enough and flew away, the boys went to explore the gates on the far end of the field, so Auntie E. and I went after them.

I took Isaac to McDonalds for lunch.  He almost fell asleep on the way there.  His eyes were closing as I parked the car.  When I asked if he wanted to eat at the restaurant or go home, he mumbled "restaurant" so I took him out of the car.  Isaac had a Chicken McNugget happy meal and I had my usual (and I ate his fries).

We ate, went home, I put Isaac into his stroller and went to Value Village.  He was still awake when I was browsing the book section, but quickly fell asleep soon after.  I found a bin full of regular sized Lego for $8.  It was really nice that there were no dead bugs and NO Megablox in the bin, though there were some broken pieces I had to toss away.  I'm a bit leery about buying some bins after one experience of finding a bunch of dead bugs at the bottom of a Lego bin once.  The lego filled the entire bathroom sink.

When I combined this set with our current bin of basic regular Lego blocks, I was able to build 7 mini Piston Cups for Isaac.  He lined them up together like a choo-choo train.


For dinner, I made noodles with chicken broth, carrots, celery, tofu, and chicken balls.  He watched a couple episodes of "I spy", then a couple "Word World" episodes while I fed him dinner.  I started his bedtime routine at around 7pm and put him to bed at a bit after 8pm.  Since I didn't have a nap today, I was pretty tired and fell asleep at Isaac's bedtime.  Unfortunately, I missed a phone call from someone at the choir I'm planning to audition for.  I will have to try to get in touch with her next week.

I'm just uploading some photos from the camera to iPhoto.  I'll have to play around with iPhoto to get more comfortable using it.  We have used Picasa, but I have had problems with some file corruption due to the large size of our albums and the sheer number of photos we've taken of the boy.

Daddy's home.

No comments:

Post a Comment