Saturday, August 13, 2011

Highlights For The Week

Yesterday we went to the mall and checked out a nature exhibit.  We watched most of a safari show/presentation and Isaac got to touch a bearded dragon and an albino bull snake.  He really liked the archeology display, "Bone Zone".  It was a table filled with sand and rocks and hidden fossils.  There were paint brushes scattered around the table and kids were encouraged to gently brush the rocks to reveal bones.

During one of our classes this week, I left Isaac in the class for about 15 minutes to see how he did without me in the room with him.  According to the instructor, he looked for me a couple of times and she was able to divert him to play for a bit before he started looking for me again.  On his third search for me, she led him out of the room to find me.  He didn't cry, but just kept asking for me.

We went out for dinner a couple of times to see some relatives who were in town visiting.

I was able to register Isaac for swimming and a cooking class for this fall.  G will also be in our swimming class, yay!  Isaac will be starting Twos Time this September.  I bought labels from Mabel's Labels so that I can label his clothes, shoes, bags, and containers for preschool.  I also picked up a Cars FUNtainer Thermos water bottle and a Thermos food jar for his snack time.  I'll have to see how these hold up after a few months of use.

On another note, I really dislike the Learning Curve Cars Insulated Straw Cup.  It leaks like crazy because every time he takes a sip, water stays in the straw, then when he opens/closes his bottle, the water drips out.  I had to replace his Playtex insulated straw cup because he chews on the straw and it tore.  I ended up buying a couple more of the Playtex ones because at least those cups don't leak as much!

Today we met up with friends to play in a water playground.  It was a little chilly.  Isaac was shivering and one of the other moms carried him over to me when they noticed he was really cold.

Tomorrow evening we are going to babysit G while Auntie K and Uncle H go watch the Harry Potter movie.  I may let Isaac stay up later to play with his friend (depending on how tired and crazy he gets).  We might attend a music festival on Sunday.  Next week we have a Creative Movements class every morning.

UPDATE: This morning I went to 3 garage sales and picked up a couple of books and a mini-set of dominos.  Daddy and Isaac played together at a couple parks.  In the evening, babysitting G went very smoothly.  We played with trains, cars, had pizza, watched an episode of Hikaru No Go, Daddy and G put some Go stones on a Go board and played some iPad games while I put Isaac to bed, then I gave G a snack, read him a story, and he played with a Thomas the train puzzle.  We're still deciding if we'll go to the music fest or not, there's 60% chance of rain and it's an outdoor event.

No comments:

Post a Comment