Tuesday, February 28, 2012

To Do List

Just before heading out to choir rehearsal, I couldn't find the main set of car keys.  I had it this morning when I took Isaac to school.  M couldn't find it when he went to pick up some pizza for dinner so I was the last person to use it.  It turns out that it just fell off the counter into a box (hard to spot because the box was filled with a bunch of stuff like blankets, toys, clothes, bags, and mitts).  Glad it turned up though.  I was a bit worried that maybe I lost it at lunch (I took Isaac out for Pho and stopped by Value Village).

We got into our first pick for Isaac's preschool next year.  I need to remember to pick up the registration package and pay the deposit fee.  We're putting him in Salmonbellies.  It focusses on phonetics.  I like one of the instructors, but I didn't get a chance to meet the second one.  The room is quite small, so that's another thing I worry a little about.  I hope that he won't have too many problems in that class.  Our second pick, Rainbow is the classroom next door to his current class.  I still have a lot of doubts and I'm still not sure if we made the right choice for Isaac or not. [Picked up the form, still need to fill it out and submit it.]

There are other programs and preschools that run on other days, but I like having the option of possibly going to Strongstart or taking other classes in the morning.  Even if Isaac does end up cutting his nap, I just don't think afternoon is a great time for him to be in a structured setting.  If the weather is nice, he's better off going to a playground.

I am still considering trying to sign up for cooking class again, but at the moment, the idea of going to Kerrisdale on a Monday and have my choir rehearsals in the evening feels like too much for me on that day.  I'm not sure if choir runs year round or if there's a summer break... but I will likely postpone cooking class for the summer since there aren't many other classes that I'm interested in.

My other to-do list items are to round up Isaac's library books and return some of them.  I've been borrowing a bunch of them but over the last couple of weeks but have yet to return any books so they're piling up and getting lost in our bedroom.   [Returned most of the books, borrowed 3 videos]

I'm still waiting for people to rsvp on Isaac's birthday invitations.  So far we have 3 friends who plan to come.  Hopefully more people will respond soon.  [We are expecting 4 preschoolers, 1 toddler and 1 baby.  Still awaiting replies from 9 more families.]

I need to see the doctor to see if he'll make a referral for Isaac.  And I want to get some blood tests done for myself.  It was too rushed to go today so the next chance I get to see the doctor I like at the clinic is Wednesday afternoon.  Maybe I should take Isaac to the mall for lunch after preschool and get on the queue for a doctor's appointment before we eat.  Wait times at the walk-in clinic are typically 45 min - 1.5 hours.  My other chances are Thursday afternoon, Friday afternoon, or Saturday morning.  [Went to the clinic today-Thursday, and Dr. C. made the referral for Isaac and gave me my blood test requisition.]

We have a lunch date with a friend at Ikea on Friday.  I think we're going to skip the VSO Tiny Tots Friday morning... but then again, it might be fun.  They are focussing on speed: presto and largo with the theme: sailing on the musical seas.  Maybe we can do both... 9am catch the sky train downtown, 10-10:45am concert, then rush to catch the sky train home - get home by about 11:45am and drive over to Ikea afterwards.  Hmmm... timing is tight, but it is do-able.  [Bought a ticket for me and Isaac to attend the concert tomorrow.  We will rush back for lunch at Ikea.]

The other thing I'd like to remember is to pick up some garlic powder.  I like to use it to season pork chops (with soy sauce) and sometimes I sprinkle it on steak... though we mostly just use the Montreal steak seasoning.  [Got some garlic powder and pork chops on Wednesday.]

No comments:

Post a Comment