Thursday, February 23, 2012

Birthday Party Planning

It's that time of year again.  (We've already received 3 birthday invitations and attended 1 party so far.)  Birthday Party Season...

Isaac's turning 3 in March and I've been slack on starting the birthday party planning thus far.  However, I was able to book his Twos Time classroom for his birthday party.  It's set for March 24th (at the same time as a swap meet at the community centre and I'm hoping to take a peek if I have a chance to sneak away).

To Do:
Guest list and email invitations [check - invitations emailed!]
Decide on theme (if any) - Decorations and loot bag [check - Theme: Books]
Food and Utensils
Cake / Cupcakes [check - ordered a cake from Safeway (Isaac picked a dinosaur themed cake)]
Make a CD with background music
Maybe think up possible game ideas though it's highly unlikely we would be able to do anything really structured.  Free play is probably the most I can expect from a group this age.

I've decided to organize a book swap with the other parents we're inviting to the party.  I'm not sure if other people will bring books or not... but I hope we'll be able to trade some books.  I just sent out the invitations on February 23rd and we have one RSVP attending.

No comments:

Post a Comment