Monday, February 20, 2012

Moving forward after miscarriage

My bleeding has tapered down to spotting.  I started temping/charting again when my miscarriage started.  This will help me recognize when I ovulate.  I believe my body will ovulate when it's ready.  I still want to do a blood test just to check my hcg and iron levels before we start ttc.

Anyhow, as we head back on the journey of trying to conceive, I'll have to deal with the obsession and crazy emotions involved.  This time around I will try not to do too much symptom spotting unless there's something different than usual.

Even though I've just gone through a miscarriage, I fundamentally still feel that moderation is the key.  I won't freak or get paranoid about all the "what not to do and things to avoid" if we get pregnant again.  I might feel different if we do miscarry again... but in the end if we have another healthy baby, it will be worth it.  And if not, well going through the experience together builds who we are and gives us more empathy and understanding in the struggles others go through also.  Things happen for a reason, sometimes it might not make sense to us but we can't change the past.  We can only choose how we want to move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment