Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Bleeding

Today I was able to take Isaac to school and get back home without incident. I made dumplings for lunch. Then... It started.

I've been dripping like a faucet and passing some big clots for the past hour. I put on a movie (Wall-E) for Isaac and he fell asleep watching it. I'm great full that I'm not experiencing any nasty cramps at the moment, but I have to say that this is definitely NOT the most comfortable experience to have to go through. I'm also glad that I am in the comfort of my home and M. Is here with me.

I played some games on my DS and tried the read a book, but I'm too tired to focus. Last night was a bit rough because I couldn't sleep. When I looked at the clock, it was already 4am! It's quite boring sitting on a toilet for what feels like forever when I'd much rather be napping!!! Typing on the iPad keyboard is tedious, but that's about the level of concentration I have and it's giving me something to do besides listening to Wall-E.

I hope that most of this will pass within a couple more hours. I've read that once the sac comes out the bleeding should slow down. I wish our toilet seat was cushier.

3:47pm: I am now resting in bed. At around 3pm, I started blacking out. It was really scary. My vision was reduced to black and yellow shadows of light, my ears suddenly muted and I found that I couldn't breathe. I immediately called M to come help me. He didn't know what to do, so he just held me. I started getting numb all over and insisted on lying down. Shortly after, my vision came back, my head cleared and I could hear and breathe normally. Then the cramping started right away. It felt pretty intense. M. tried to give me the Tylenol and 2 Advils as soon as he could. I felt a bit nauseous and wasn't sure if I could swallow them, but I managed to in between my panting. I got M. to call the doctor. After a very long 15 minutes or so, the pain subsided enough and I felt ready to pass the sac. M. brought me a towel to lie on, a pillow and a blanket. After the sac came out and I lay back on the floor. I was feeling cold all over, my hands were still tingly and I was a bit light headed. I spoke with a doctor and she reassured me that the cramping should stop within 24-48 hours. They will be checking up on me tomorrow. After lying on the floor for about 20 minutes, I felt ready to get up. I picked up the sac and opened it up to look at it before flushing it away.

I'm relieved that the worst part should be over now!!! Even though I had to go through a miscarriage, I still want to try for a healthy baby even if there's a risk of having to go through with this again.

Time for me to take a little nap before dinner time. Love and hugs, Vee.

No comments:

Post a Comment