Monday, April 4, 2011

Potty Training - Regression and Retraining

After Isaac's bout of sickness, he seems to not tell me any more when he needs to go pee.  He will ask for poop though.  I've put him in underwear when we're at home - so far he keeps peeing in the underwear and pants.  At first he would just say uh oh.  Then he didn't seem to even care when he got wet.  He's down to his last pair of underwear.  I've ordered two more bear underwear sets and picked up a couple extra pairs of pants for him.  Laundry machine is running now.

Time for plan B: SMARTIES.

He loves chocolate.  I'm hoping that he will be more enthusiastic about going to the potty if he knows he'll get a treat when he pees/poops on the potty.  Actually, he doesn't have a problem with going when he's on the potty.  We're trying to get him to tell us that he has to go.

I've given him smarties twice so far when I've taken him to the potty after he peed.  Then before his afternoon nap today, he asked to go (and peed) so he earned one smartie himself.  We'll see if he asks again this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment