Thursday, April 14, 2011

Art Class

We had a brief thunderstorm last night.  Isaac didn't wake up during the thunder.

This morning we attended our first art class.  It was terrific.  The teacher had all the crafts prepared and available at one table with templates of each project.  There were a number of group tables set up with different things.  Some had markers, stamps, glue sticks, crayons, cottonballs, and there were 4 easels set up.  The kids were allowed to pick what they wanted to make and sit at different tables to create their artwork.  Today we glued construction paper and decorated the following projects: an umbrella, robin, sheep, 2 potted flowers, a tree.  Isaac also painted two pictures (he wanted to go and paint on other kids' paintings and easels but I got him to paint only on his paper).  The class was an hour long, and Isaac was "done" (wanted to leave) at the 50min mark - which was very good since it gave us some time to wash up and collect our things.  We had a great time!

After class, Isaac took off and ran to the playground while I dropped the artwork off into car.  I let him play for a little bit and took him to the car.  Then I realized that I left my bag in the classroom and had to go back for it.  I'm glad the class is close by and he didn't fall asleep (though he was clearly spaced out).  We got home at about 11:45am and picked up our mail.  I got some duplo in the mail (some spare bathroom pieces - toilet, tub, sink, chairs; new additions: 2 mirrors, and a duplo vacuum cleaner).  Isaac played with the new duplo and a new truck set (value village) as I heated up some hotdogs.  As he was eating lunch, he started falling asleep.  He finished 1.5 hotdogs, I changed his diaper and put him on the potty, then he went for his nap at 1pm.

Pouring rain out now.  Glad it was dry earlier this morning.  Time for me to take a nap too!

No comments:

Post a Comment