Sunday, May 22, 2011

Visiting the Grandparents

The last few days have been busy.  Friday night after putting Isaac to bed, we packed our bags and booked a taxi for 6am.  We were up around 5:30am Saturday morning packing the rest of the things we think we'd need on our trip.

We got to the airport and checked in our luggage and Isaac's car seat.  The security check went smoothly (though Isaac didn't want to go through the scanner by himself so I had to carry him).  When we got to our gate, Isaac watched some tv on the big screen while daddy picked up some breakfast.  Isaac had some bites of a chocolate chip muffin.  We let him run around for a bit.  We boarded the plane and Isaac seemed to be excited about the experience at first.  We got blankets and pillows complementary on the plane (maybe because they had to switch to a smaller plane so people's seatings got switched around and some people were offered earlier flights out).  We were still taxiing around the runway preparing for take-off when Isaac fell asleep.

He napped for the first hour of the plane ride.  Then he watched some Ponyo and snacked for a bit.  After, he started getting restless and had figured out how to take off the seatbelt.  Isaac wanted some water so I opened my water bottle...  I had a little incident with some water spouting out like a fountain.... I'm guessing it was from the pressure in the plane.  My pants, a blanket and my seat got drenched.  It eventually dried, but I was scared to open my water bottle again afterwards.  The only other mishap is that Isaac poured juice down the front of his shirt and pants.  We had to strip him and change him into some spare clothes I had packed.  Part way through the plane ride, Isaac started running up and down the aisle.  He was upset at having to stay seated and buckled in during the landing.

Grandpa B met us at the airport and drove us to my parent's house.  Isaac check out the house and went from room to room, then checked out the toys.  Lots of duplo and some baby toys.  I think his favourite "toy" is the kitchen timer.  He discovered that he didn't have to wait for it to go off to hear it ding if he turned the knob the other direction.  We went out for dinner, but Isaac didn't make it through the entire dinner (he was going crazy).  Aunty A drove me and the boy back early and he fell asleep almost immediately.  I transferred him onto the crib mattress (which we left on the floor).  He woke up an hour later and was ready to play again.  I think we got him down for the night at around 10:30pm.

This morning Isaac was up at 6:30am.  He wanted to eat breakfast so I gave him oatmeal and a fruit cup. He went out to play with Grandma.  We had brunch at Cora's but Isaac fell asleep and slumped against me before our order arrived.  Midway through our meal, he stirred and seemed to want to switch positions so we layed him across three chairs (his head on my lap, his body on a chair and his legs on Daddy's lap).  We finished our breakfast and went home.  When we got back, I wasn't able to take him out of the car without waking him.  I'm guessing the nap was about an hour long.

He snacked on a few bites of ham and cheese.  Then we went to Value Village.  There was no lego, but I picked up some books and a couple of puzzles.   After we headed to my in-law's house.  Traffic was a bit slower than expected.  The boy said he needed to potty while we were in the car.  I was a little worried that he would poop, but it was just pee (and he had a diaper on).  We took him to the potty when we got home.  Then he went up and down the stairs by himself (using the bum slide method going down).  After he looked around each of the rooms, then went to look for Grandpa.

Daddy went to Fortinos to pick up a few things we needed plus some dinner for Isaac.  Grandpa steamed some sticky rice and dim sum to augment our dinner.  Isaac pooped on the potty, had his bath, then played for a little.  Daddy and Grandpa went to meet up with Aunty J and pick up Grandma from the airport.  I stayed home with the boy.  He fell asleep at 7:30pm.  I'm not sure if this is just a nap or if he's down for the night...

[update: He woke up at 8:37pm but I was in the room with him and was able to get him back to sleep.]

No comments:

Post a Comment