Thursday, May 5, 2011

Enjoying the weather

Monday, one of my friends came over to visit in the afternoon and brought some bubble tea.  I drank most of it while Isaac napped.  When he woke up, he joined us and happily drank the remaining peach green tea from my cup.  We walked to the local elementary school to vote.  It was raining, so Isaac wore his raincoat and boots and splashed in some puddles on our walk.  Afterwards,  we had Indian food for dinner and watched the election results.

Tuesday morning we had nothing planned so we were able to take our time to walk around.  Isaac played with rocks, picked dandelions and weeds (to give to Daddy), looked for rabbits, visited a little art gallery and accompanied me on some errands.  When we passed by the skytrain station, he asked to go on the train.  I told him we would go soon another time.

Wednesday morning, Isaac was up early.  Daddy and Isaac built a nice train track layout together while I slept in.  I fed the boy breakfast and we got ready to go out.  We took the train downtown to the library to see a puppet show.  Isaac was excited that got to feed one of the puppets a strawberry (made out of felt).  They performed stories from a couple of kids books: "Dear Zoo" and "The Very Hungry Caterpillar".  We were able to make it back home on the same train ticket.  On the way home, Isaac fell asleep (11:30am).  I'm always debating if I should bring a stroller or not, but I'm glad I did since carrying Isaac when he's asleep is tiring.  We had dumplings for lunch.  After lunch, Daddy took us to the mall.  I picked up some fruit to share with our friends on Thursday.

It looks like rain in the forecast.  Our agenda for Thursday includes an art class in the morning and a play date with N and his brother A at our place in the afternoon.  We may go downtown again on Friday if the other Mommies are interested in seeing the puppet show.  It's puppet show week at the downtown library.  I wonder if it'll be the same show or something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment