Saturday, May 7, 2011

Need More Trofast Shelves For Lego

My Duplo Knights Castle (Lego #4777) arrived in the mail yesterday afternoon.  I've already built two castles, but they haven't been able to survive Isaac's onslaught.  I have NOWHERE to store my new pieces.

For the last couple of months, I haven't been able to fit all our duplo into our existing bins... so I've built houses and other structures and left it out (and the boy destroys them when he's in a tired, destructive mood).  I think I need to visit Ikea again to pick up another shelf and some more bins.  Maybe I should take Isaac there sometime this week.

We ended up getting a taller Trofast shelf/frame to store our toys.  Unfortunately, it's not very stable and looks like it can tip easily.  They've included screws to bolt the frame to the wall but it's not really an option for us.


Update:
We use the medium and large sized bins for our duplo and the small and medium bins for regular lego.  I got a shelf that holds 6 small bins together.  I sort the lego by colour, so I'm finding that 6 bins just isn't enough since there are more than 6 different colours!  Some of the colours currently have to share a bin together.

After a few recent swap meets and value village lego purchases, some of the little bins are filled to the brim.  I might have to move some of the lego to the medium sized bins.

No comments:

Post a Comment