Thursday, June 24, 2010

Skills

Just a short list of things I've noticed Isaac doing lately.
  • Runs
  • Plays tag with Mommy
  • Kicks a ball
  • Spins around when asked or when there's music
  • Bounces (bends knees)
  • Goes down slides facing forward by himself
  • Throws toys
  • Claps
  • Does the "more" sign, though not used meaningfully

Sometimes diaper changing time is a little easier.  In the mornings when I say that we need to change his diaper, he will go to his change mat and sit there.  He lies down when asked.  Also, he likes to help throw his dirty diaper into the garbage.  He's been able to help remove his clothes when we're changing him.

Isaac is a little slower in the talking department.  He babbles a bit but only says "mama" when he's upset or "nigh" for milk and water.  He makes "woo" sounds when playing with a vacuum hose and "rrr" sounds when playing with toy cars.  When he hears "Hello hello", he'll put whatever object he has in his hand up to his ears.

I will have to try talking to him more and naming more objects for him.  I'm not sure if I should try to teach him more signs.  When I was pregnant with him, I planned to teach my baby how to sign.  Now it seems to be one of those "would be nice" things for him to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment