Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Strawberry Banana Skewers drizzled with chocolate

 
My son's picky about fruits... He eats grapes, oranges and the occasional apple.  The only way to get him to have other fruits is blending it in a smoothy... and even then, he'll only drink certain fruit combinations (strawberry, grapes, bananas and blueberries)

I had high hopes for a chocolate drizzled strawberry banana skewer, but it was rejected. :(

It was simple to make and pretty to look at.

- bamboo skewers
- strawberries (one strawberry for each skewer)
- 1-2 bananas
- chocolate chips

I washed some large strawberries and sliced them into 4-6 pieces.  Left the peel on the bananas and sliced them.  I peeled the banana slices as I made each skewer (alternating between strawberry slices and banana slices).

After all the fruit was arranged on the skewers, I put a handful of chocolate chips into a bowl and microwaved at 10-second intervals (stirring in between) until the chocolate started melting.  Once the chocolate melted, I drizzled the chocolate with a spoon over the skewers and let them set.  You can put them on wax/parchment paper, but I just turned over one of our take-out drink holder cartons, poked holes in it and stuck the skewers in the holes so that they could set without touching anything.

I just dipped extra strawberries in the extra chocolate left over and placed them on parchment paper.

After about 8-10 minutes, they were set and ready to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment