Sunday, August 2, 2015

Day 1

It seems I mostly update when DH goes out of town.  This trip he took the boy with him.  They took a taxi to the airport at 4:30am.  The girl went back to sleep at around 5am or so.  I couldn't fall back asleep until closer to 6:30am.  I got up at 8am and heard the girl saying "No Daddy" repeatedly.

I told her I was hungry and she went downstairs first.  Then she came back up saying "Uh oh".  She broke a bead bracelet so I replaced the elastic with embroidery floss and restrung it.  Then she broke a plastic bracelet.  I tried to glue it back together but it didn't work so we tossed it out.  We had toast for breakfast.  Then I let her watch Tingp and Wonderpets while I did the dishes.

11:30am - she's napping now.  I'm debating moving the bookshelves.  I guess I have to figure out something for lunch also.  On my to do list for today: prepping the compost and recycling.  My wishlist includes taking the girl out on a bus ride but it would've been preferable to go out in the morning, booking an appointment to get the car repaired (was hoping to get a couple of quotes before deciding where to go).  I might just nap with the girl instead of getting anything done. :p

I got the recycling ready and the girl woke up and helped me put boxes into the blue bin.  I couldn't find the twine to tie the boxes together... so I hope they won't reject it when they pick up the recycling tomorrow.

For lunch, we raided the fridge for leftovers.  Did the dishes, watered the plants, then went grocery shopping.  Came home and I wanted to nap but the girl didn't want to nap... So we made rice, marinated the pork chops, prepped the mushrooms and broccoli.

While I made dinner, Audrey played on the balcony and let in a fly.  After dinner, I tidied up and we went out to the playground.  We came home, soaked in the tub and got ready for bed.  I didn't end up getting any rearrangements done. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment