Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Swimming Lessons

We started our Duck level swimming lessons this weekend.  I wanted to go a little early so that we wouldn't be rushed and it would give me time to "acclimatize" Isaac to the pool.  Well... we got there WAY too early about 30min before the start of our class.  Isaac started getting bored while waiting by the pool.  But the time our class was about to start he kept insisting that he was "Done".  It's one of the few words he'll say, but when he says it - it means just that; I'm done here, time to go OR ELSE I'll throw a tantrum.

I had to start walking around while he squirmed in my arms and started screaming.  I temporarily passed him off to Daddy.  I was very glad when our class started.

I stepped into the pool holding Isaac.  The water was a bit colder than normal and Isaac wasn't too thrilled to get submerged but was doing ok.  The songs were fun, we enjoy singing and moving around in the water.  Next up, blowing bubbles... he seems interested in me blowing bubbles but I don't think he's figured out how to do it.  He tries to drink the water instead.  After we practised some assisted-jumping into the water, then some kicking.  He refused to lie on the foam board to practise kicks so I let that go and we kind of did our own thing for that bit.  We were about to start another song activity but our class had to end early.

I guess some kid(s) must've peed in the pool since the lifeguard mentioned that there was a higher than accepted level of urine in the pool and asked the instructor to either continue the class in the adult pool or give out pool passes.  We opted to get a pass.

We got through our first lesson.  Hopefully Isaac will have more fun next class.

No comments:

Post a Comment