Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Diapers and leaks

Isaac has a cold and has a miserable time trying to breath when he's sleeping.  I let him stay in bed with us part of the night.  I woke up feeling something wet. His diaper leaked all over our bed.  It's the second leak this week.  Looks like we may have to go back to changing his diaper once a night again.  The Huggies overnight diapers don't seem to make a big difference for us.

Fumbling around in the dark, we stripped him of his pajama pants, changed his diapers, and threw a couple of receiving blankets over the wet spots.  It's good that we have a waterproof mattress cover.  At some point, Isaac woke up again so I nursed him and put him back into his crib.

I woke up this morning and Isaac was standing in his crib crying to be nursed.  I went to pick him up and found him bare-bottomed.  His diaper was discarded onto the floor by his crib.  There was a big wet spot on his sheets...  Looks like we have a big load of laundry this morning.

Now that he's figured out how to remove his diapers... he'll probably try this again.  I hope that putting pants on him will deter him from taking off his diapers, but I think it'll just slow him down and not actually stop him.  I guess he likes being free of his diapers.  If we could potty train him earlier then I wouldn't mind him going diaper-free...  Our potty training progress is still a hit or miss each day with the poops.  I haven't attempted any pee-training yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment