Sunday, October 16, 2011

Weekend outing

We're definitely in the process of cutting naps.  There are some days where he will nap in the afternoon and some days he refuses to sleep (but will be cranky in the evening and go to bed early).

Today Isaac fell asleep in the car on the way to the planetarium.  We arrived a bit before 11:30am.  Isaac wandered around pressing buttons and touching stuff.  At 11:30am, we watched a live demonstration talk about rockets launching.  In advance, we warned Isaac that he had to stay sitting and be quiet or we would leave... I also bribed him with some gummies.  He was good and enjoyed the session.  After, we proceeded up to the planetarium theatre.  We watched "The night sky".  Isaac was amazingly good.  Not a peep out of his mouth.  I thought he would find it boring because it was just a darkened room with stars projected up and a long talk about all the stars/constellations that we would see in the sky around this time of year over Vancouver.  After we left the theatre, as we were waiting for the elevator there was a moment where I thought he might get upset that we were leaving.  But he seemed to accept a quick comment from us that "the show's all done".

In the process of TTC.  Won't say too much about that.  It's kind of personal.  We have had some disappointments but I remain hopeful.  We're a bit older now and I'm still not ready to give up breastfeeding so it may be harder this time around.  One difference I feel now (compared to about 4 or 5 years ago) is that I'm not insanely jealous and envious of other people getting/being pregnant.  I guess the big reason is because we already have Isaac and if things are not to be, then I'm ok with it.

---

I went to a swap meet this morning while Daddy took Isaac to the playground.  Didn't find any lego.  We went out for dim sum afterwards.  I took a nap in the afternoon while Isaac and Daddy went to another playground.  They came home and had a snack.  Isaac didn't want to nap, but he fell asleep on the floor while watching Wall-E.  I transferred him to bed.

Isaac has cooking class and I have choir tomorrow.  Hopefully the transit ride to his cooking class won't be too packed.  I think I have worked out a good timing (if we can get out of the house on time - too early and we're sardines, too late and we'll miss the start of class).

No comments:

Post a Comment