Thursday, January 6, 2022

Lego Cylinder Vase

Lego Cylinder Vase



I got the Lego Bouquet for our 20th anniversary.  But didn’t want to put it into a regular vase.  While looking around our room, I noticed our Ship in a Bottle set looked like a good starting point for making a vase for the flowers.

I didn’t want to take apart the set, so I went off to Bricklink and ordered the pieces I needed.  With some trial and error, I tried a couple different heights for the vase but found it worked best extending the bottle by an extra layer of transparent cylinder quarter 4x4x6 pieces and transparent panel pieces to fill the sides in.  I thought adding metallic silver tile pieces helped to give it a simple but elegant finish.  I filled in the water with about 1000 transparent light blue round plates.

For Christmas I got the Roses and Tulips.  I hope to add some sunflowers in once the set is available in Canada.

My husband is encouraging me to make some different Lego vases for my Lego flowers.  I’m doing some research and will try to create another vase as my next project.  Edit: Here’s a set of my transparent vases on Lego Ideas.

 





I got a few requests for the part list for my vase.  This is my first time generating a parts list from Rebrickable.  Hopefully I did this correctly.  Number of unique parts: 8, Total number of bricks: 269

Cylinder Vase Bricklink xml can be copy and pasted into the Bricklink Upload page:

<INVENTORY><ITEM><ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE><ITEMID>3069b</ITEMID><COLOR>67</COLOR><MINQTY>8</MINQTY></ITEM><ITEM><ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE><ITEMID>27507</ITEMID><COLOR>67</COLOR><MINQTY>4</MINQTY></ITEM><ITEM><ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE><ITEMID>3005</ITEMID><COLOR>12</COLOR><MINQTY>18</MINQTY></ITEM><ITEM><ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE><ITEMID>4070</ITEMID><COLOR>12</COLOR><MINQTY>48</MINQTY></ITEM><ITEM><ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE><ITEMID>60581</ITEMID><COLOR>12</COLOR><MINQTY>26</MINQTY></ITEM><ITEM><ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE><ITEMID>30562</ITEMID><COLOR>12</COLOR><MINQTY>12</MINQTY></ITEM><ITEM><ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE><ITEMID>3024</ITEMID><COLOR>12</COLOR><MINQTY>52</MINQTY></ITEM><ITEM><ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE><ITEMID>3023</ITEMID><COLOR>12</COLOR><MINQTY>101</MINQTY></ITEM></INVENTORY>


No comments:

Post a Comment