Sunday, January 9, 2022

Lego Bouquet Vase

August 2, 2022

I finished the vase in the spring but didn’t get around to taking pictures of it until now.  The gaps and curves on the vase give the vase its interesting shape.  I kept the vase white with accents of gold.



January 20, 2022

More work on the vase.  I tried aligning the sides with the corners but I’m not sure I like it that way.  It looks too squarish.  The staggered look on the curve yesterday gives it a more interesting look.  To make the outer curve look more proportioned, I might need to bring in the neck to make the cylinder more narrow.  Also, I think I need to order more parts.  I don’t have enough white macaroni, panels, plates, brackets and corner pieces.



I just ran out of curved panels, macaroni pieces and various white pieces… I subbed in some grey and blue, but I might try to switch them all to white or leave a line of colour.  Slightly less than half the vase, but it’s starting to shape up nicely.  The build is a bit fragile but I’ll reinforce it once I finish the basic structure.



January 19, 2022

I got some parts from Bricklink and started playing around with them.  Here’s the start of my next vase.  The corners don’t quite meet up with the edge panels when I connect the curve pieces on top.  I might try to make some variations to the shape.  I’m still deciding if I want to try to get it to align or leave it as is.  I ordered some other pieces from Lego’s Bricks and Pieces but I don’t expect to get them for awhile.






Protype

I’m currently working on creating a Rustic Bouquet Vase with a classic rounded bottom and a narrow neck and opening.

I didn’t want to spend a lot of money trying to get a bunch of parts to test with, so I used the BrickLink Studio to create a prototype.

Here’s my attempt at a Lego Bouquet Vase using Studio.  The program identified some clutch issues in my design that I will need to resolve.  Also, some of the pieces I used in the design aren’t available, so I will have to make some modifications refinements to make this work.

Time to order some parts and build.

If you’re interested in Lego vases, please check out my Lego Cylinder Vase.

No comments:

Post a Comment