Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Dental Checkup and Preparing for Preschool

This morning I took Isaac to the clinic to get his teeth screened by a dental hygienist.  It was a good visit, Isaac was very co-operative.  There was no biting, no crying, no screaming, no bad behaviour.  I was happy the visit went smoothly.  She had some areas where she was a bit concerned but gave the ok to see us again in 6 months.

I was given a task to find a family dentist for all of us.  I asked her for some recommendations.  I'll try to followup and inquire at a couple of places to see if we can find a dentist/clinic that is a good fit.

We've been reading stories to prepare Isaac for preschool for the past month.  He seems to be looking forward to going to Twos Time.

This evening after we put Isaac to bed, I started labelling his things for preschool tomorrow.  I found Mabel's Labels easy to use.  I'll have to see how they hold up.  I labelled his water bottle, a thermos food jar, a snack container, a set of utensils, two tops, two pairs of pants, a couple of jackets, cap, and sun glasses.  His shoes are starting to fall apart, so I didn't want to waste a label on it.  Instead, I wrote his name on masking tape and stuck it in his shoe.  Hope I didn't forget anything.

I packed him a set of spare clothes, socks, underwear and diapers, his water bottle, and a snack.  Daddy took the day off tomorrow so that we can attend the parent orientation together.

2 comments:

  1. How are the Mabel's Labels holding up? Z is not in preschool, so I haven't really had to deal with this issue yet. At home, I like to label his toy bins (right now I just use an office label-maker, but I will probably add identifying pictures or stickers) and I've noticed that he likes to peel the stickers off. The other day, I noticed he had a "TRAINS" sticker on his shirt. Stinker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Mabel's labels are still on everything I put them on, so it's been great. I'm surprised the snack containers have held up to be washed, and the clothes labels have stayed on after several washings (though they have gotten a little warped looking).

    The stickers will peel off though, so if Z likes to take them off, it's possible they won't stay on... But it isn't as easy to remove as office-label stickers.

    ReplyDelete