Thursday, June 20, 2013

Baby peed in the potty

Is it too early to think about potty training with a 2 month old baby?  I've read a little bit about elimination communication and wanted to try it with my first born, but was only able to poop train early and pee-trained closer to 4 years old.

I noticed that my baby was grunting and making a face so I took her and held her over the toilet.  She thought that was weird, then got tired of being there.  I asked her to pee and she peed.  I think it was a complete fluke... but I'm tempted to try again just to see if we can repeat it another time.

I've read it's not a good idea to just wing it.  But I don't feel ready to commit to a full-out attempt to do this properly.  I guess we'll have to see how it goes next time.  At least the next time I can hold her properly so that she's more comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment